Little Learners Teacher Academy - All About Writing
is what you and every Kindergarten teacher needs IMMEDIATELY!
To sum it up nicely, I have taken the standards and foundations that are necessary and required for Kindergartners and will teach you how to efficiently and easily teach your students all about writing.
BUT WAIT! I’m not going to give you the information and just leave you to figure it out. I am going to provide resources and ideas to actually use what you learn with your students. I will also be available to answer any of your questions through our online community + live office hours.
What You'll Learn:
What to know before your students even step in on the first day of school
What exactly Kindergarten writing is and the standards that apply
Important Tools for teaching traditional Kindergarten writing standards.
Tips and supplies for teaching foundations & mechanics (grip, strength and pressure, drawing, writing journals, etc.)
Scope & sequence of writing for the year
How to teach each standard; Including mini-lessons & mentor texts
How to assess your students writing
Yes! This Is Amazing!
Have you ever felt like you've been in a boat without a paddle, while trying to teach writing? Take a deep breath or a huge sigh of relief because I have the paddle you need!
I quickly realized my first year in the classroom that, while I received a Bachelors in Elementary Education to become a teacher, I did not have the all of the tools necessary to actually TEACH the students that were sitting in front of me. I was given the writing standards and a stack of newsprint lined paper and then sent on my way to try and teach 25 kindergartners how to write.
My school tried many different writing programs and none of them were the perfect fit for my Little Learners. Most programs jump right into writing lessons, as if these students have had previous writing experience. That only frustrated them and me and the first year I felt like a failure.
But fast forward to when I started researching, taking classes and created a Writing scope & sequence and method that was not only developmentally appropriate, but produced results and Little Learners who LOVED writing!
I know you probably feel or have felt the same frustration that I once had and believe me YOU ARE NOT ALONE. I have talked to so many other Kindergarten teachers who feel this exact same way.
This course includes 6 different modules, delivered straight to your inbox over the course of 6 weeks.
Each week, on Saturdays, I will deliver the planned module. This will give you ample time to dive into the week's module before the next. Also, I will offer a Facebook Live, in the Exclusive Members Only Facebook Group, to further discuss each module and answer any of your questions.
Each Saturday, after the course opens again, a new module will be released. The following Thursday, I will hold a Facebook Live in the Exclusive Facebook Group, to dive deeper and answer any of your questions.
- Intro to course - Course Outline - Purpose & Standards
- Module 1 - Foundations of Writing: What your need to know BEFORE you begin teaching writing
- Module 2 -W.K.1: Opinion Writing
- Module 3 - W.K.2: Informative Writing
- Module 4 - W.K.3: Narrative Writing
- Module 5 - W.K.5-8: Peer Editing & Suggestions; Collaborative Research Project Writing
- Module 6 - Assessments & YOUR Questions Answered
WAIT! There Are Bonuses Too!
- FREE Standard Based Printable Activities With Differentiated Options ($20 Value): These activities correlate with the tools that are taught in this course and will be helpful for implementing new techniques in your classroom.
- Free Printable Little Learners Teacher Academy Workbook: Keep notes, write down ideas and a place to remember questions to bring to the Facebook Lives.
- FREE Exclusive, Members Only Facebook Group: This is an online community where I can answer questions about the course, members can share ideas, concerns and celebrations.
- FREE 6 Weekly Facebook Live Sessions: These sessions will be helpful to answer any of your questions, help expand what you have learned and dive deep into writing.
- Exclusive Discount On Future Courses: This is a special discount for founding members only.